8 Answers

Car Hire – Licence requirement ?

Asked by: 20th April 2012


8 Answers

  1. michael watson on Apr 20, 2012

    Yes -you need one.

  2. Steve p on Apr 20, 2012

    the normall Uk photo card driving licence is required

  3. Maura on Apr 20, 2012

    Thanks very much, Ive the normal photo licence which i was bringing, just was sure if i also needed the paper copy..tks very much x

  4. CF on Apr 21, 2012

    I’ve just asked the same question today at the travel agents and they said you need both parts of the licence… ie paper and photocard.

  5. scragend on Apr 23, 2012

    Technically you probably do, but it depends on who you get at the hire desk.

    I hired a car from Autoreisen last month and only showed my photocard, they never asked for the paper counterpart.

  6. Steve p on Apr 23, 2012

    The Photo card was all they asked from us

  7. Maura on Apr 24, 2012

    Thanks very much we are going on 4th May..very excited :O)

  8. Susan on May 10, 2012

    Most agents require both counterpart and photocard. I always take both, but have seen some get away without the counterpart, but equally some who have pre-booked arrive and be turned away at the desk as they didn’t have counterpart. If you don’t have counterpart, I would call the car hire agent before and advise so you don’t get caught short.

    Have just seen that you went last week, hope it all went well for you!